Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Sick Day Adventures

Tait ended up catching hand foot and mouth disease at the end of September.  He is so rarely sick, but for some reason we caught this a second time.  I was disappointed he would miss school, but I knew from a newsletter that they were reading The Five Little Monkeys.  I set out on Pinterest to find activities related to this story so he would not be behind and he'd get to enjoy the story when he went back to school the next week.  I love Pinterest.  I am almost never disappointed and found a plethora of ideas.  The hardest part was narrowing it down to activities that were best for a 3 year old preschooler.
I stumbled across a blog called 1plus1plus1equals1 where I found "Tot Books."  She had a printable pack of activities that related to the book and were just right for him to enjoy and also to give him a little challenge!

5 Little Monkeys Tot Pack (if you're interested in checking it out)

Tait was super excited to go get things off the printer and was excited about each activity.  By the way, I loved that each activity was either a book or had a little pouch to store the pieces in.  Here are some pictures of us having fun; I love how he can't stay still long enough for a photo (and please ignore mess that occurs over the weekend when I spend time with family instead of cleaning):
Sorting Monkeys by size

He did great when I asked which is the littlest and then which one is bigger.

Which one is the biggest?

Which one is smallest?

Reading and counting!

After having fun we made an obstacle course to practice some of his gross motor skills.  He had fun jumping off the couch, crawling through the 'cave,' and climbing his mountain of stuffed animals :).  I had fun watching him enjoy these activities and can't wait to do more!

No comments:

Post a Comment